Message from Our President/CEO
Reflecting on the past year and looking forward to 2018!
I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as President and CEO of San Diego Metropolitan Credit Union (METRO) and pleased to report that 2017 was an outstanding year.
We continued to be the top Solar and Energy Efficiency Lender in San Diego County, financing over $51M in loans growing our loan portfolio by 9% over 2016. Thank you to all of our members for choosing to use METRO for your financial energy and water conservation needs!
Each year, our goal is to improve upon the products and services offered to you, our members. Some of the highlights of 2017 include:
- Increased rates on our deposit accounts, reflecting the continuing strength in our economy.
- Offered competitively low rates on our Auto Loans.
- Redesigned statements, providing an easy-to-read format.
- Implemented Visa Checkout, an advanced security technology when shopping with your METRO Visa Credit and Debit Cards at participating online retailers.
We are excited that with you, our members, we can make 2018 an even better year. Looking ahead, many exciting plans are in store providing more convenient account access and enhanced member service.
- During the first quarter, we are relocating our Parkway Branch to the Target Shopping Center – 306 Broadway, El Cajon, CA 92021. Stay tuned for more details to come.
- Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) coming soon to the METRO Mobile App. We are also adding additional user-friendly features to our Mobile App.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, January 15
Monday, February 19
We salute all the volunteer members of the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee for their
continued commitment to METRO.
Board of Directors
Robert Lawrence, Chair
Marcia McLatchy, Vice Chair
Dan Sobel, Secretary/Treasurer
D. Cruz Gonzalez
June Dudas, Chair